Sneak preview

General Neocron Discussion
Reaction
Sex Machine

Sneak preview

Postby Reaction » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:18 pm

I've been doing a little work in the Source SDK. Just playing about with the tools mainly. This, however, is my first attempt at a proper map. So check out these screens and see if you recognise it.

Just remember, its a very early alpha without lights yet.

Lukus
Jake is my father.

Postby Lukus » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Using the UnrealEditor? Looks good, did some map creation in college as part of a course.
'I cherish the memories of a question my nephew asked me the other day, he said 'Uncle, were you a hero in Neocron?' Uncle Luke said 'No, but I served in a clan of heroes' -Lukus

Reaction
Sex Machine

Postby Reaction » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:35 am

No, this is made in Hammer,same thing just for source games, like Half-Life 2 and Counter Strike:Source. I do have some experience in UnrealED too though.

Hogg
Pure Evil

Postby Hogg » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:01 am

NEOFRAG???!?!?!? very cool m8
-------------------------------------------------

Parallax
AD GM

Postby Parallax » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:23 am

Yep gotta be neofrag.

Looking nice.

Lukus
Jake is my father.

Postby Lukus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:54 am

Holy shit it is NeoFrag, how did I not notice :O
'I cherish the memories of a question my nephew asked me the other day, he said 'Uncle, were you a hero in Neocron?' Uncle Luke said 'No, but I served in a clan of heroes' -Lukus

Reaction
Sex Machine

Postby Reaction » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Probably the god awful textures!

Parallax
AD GM

Postby Parallax » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Are you going to be submitting this to this NC Source mod for HL2 that's all over the main NC forums? I reckon you should! The base models look good, but I have to agree the current textures need a little work.

It's all a learning curve. I remember looking back on the first multiplayer maps I made for Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast and they were goram awful.

Just keep at it and keep releasing eye candy :P

Also post it in the main NC Source thread.

Reaction
Sex Machine

Postby Reaction » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:56 pm

I'm going to post it on the official forums when i've done some more work to it. Like the title says, i'm just giving you guys a little sneak preview. Getting the dimensions right is a pain in the ass when your doing it by eye.

And the textures will change, i'm going to try to make textures specificaly for this. But i've never done that before. Is anyone any good with photoshop who might be able to help?

Lukus
Jake is my father.

Postby Lukus » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:02 pm

Yeah figuring out the size is a pain in the ass, but that looks decent enough from the screenshots so you're doing well. The first map I created I made a prison, textured it, about 4 levels of cells (think of prison break), car park, offices etc.

I launced the UnrealPlayer (I was using UnrealEditor) and I couldn't climb up the fucking stairs because it was so big. Pain in the ass considering I had spent 2 days making it.

Reaction
Sex Machine

Postby Reaction » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 pm

Thats gotta suck! I learnt a long time ago that you need to save and test your level regularly. Have you ever tried mapping other than for this course you did?

Still working on the map, but slowly. I dont think these screens do it justice atm though.

Return to “Neocron (public)”