Headset

Post sigs/sig requests here. Any technical advice or help you need post here.
Reaction
Sex Machine

Headset

Postby Reaction » Sun May 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Ok, i'm looking for a new headset with mic. Anyone know anything about the area or has a particularly good one they would like to recommend? Thanks.

Garfield
Jake is my father.

Postby Garfield » Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 am

i got a speedlink 5.1 surroundsound err medusa it is called iirc realy great sound. if u want perfect studio-sound buy sennheiser headphones but then ull need a extra mic

Lukus
Jake is my father.

Postby Lukus » Mon May 10, 2010 7:24 am

What are you after? Proper big headphones that will contain the noise, or just ones that sit on your head for when it gets late at night and you turn your speakers off?

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-350 ... 850&sr=8-2

Someone suggested them, said they were comfortable, durable and good quality.

Someone else said that these are the industry standard for most headphones, whether he was being accurate or not I don't know:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VE ... B000VEMNRS
'I cherish the memories of a question my nephew asked me the other day, he said 'Uncle, were you a hero in Neocron?' Uncle Luke said 'No, but I served in a clan of heroes' -Lukus

Reaction
Sex Machine

Postby Reaction » Mon May 10, 2010 10:34 pm

Those Sennheiser ones look nice, but they are very pricey £100 is a bit out of my price range right now.

I actually really like the look of your ones fatty, whats the bass like on them when your listening to music? and is the mic adjustable/detachable?

Its just for games and music later at night, right now im using a cheap logitech headset. Something like these, but the mic is broken (think I stood on it :S) and they are uncomfortable after a while because they sit on my ears.

Gau
Site Hamster

Postby Gau » Mon May 10, 2010 11:15 pm

i personaly use a gaming headset from Icemat now known as Steelseries
mine is the sybiria range they do i find there spot on for me as i ware glasses
and there realy comfy for use 4 eyed ppl loool

http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/audio/siberia-full-headphone/information

Lukus
Jake is my father.

Postby Lukus » Tue May 11, 2010 7:02 am

I don't use a headset just some headphones and a separate mic, but I used to have a good headset until one of the ears fell off. It lasted about a year and was about £25, it wasn't bad. Mine would of lasted longer if my nephew hadn't started throwing them around when I wasn't watching =)

Adjustable height, the mic is pinned to one earphone and rotates up and down so you can move it out of the way. The sound is great, bass was brilliant if you have proper music and not ripped off mp3's.

I'll try and find the packaging later, can't remember the name of them since it was a long time ago
'I cherish the memories of a question my nephew asked me the other day, he said 'Uncle, were you a hero in Neocron?' Uncle Luke said 'No, but I served in a clan of heroes' -Lukus

Garfield
Jake is my father.

Postby Garfield » Tue May 11, 2010 7:38 am

the sennheiser ones are for sound freaks thats for sure but they are worth every cent.

mines got good music-sound the bass is ok. u can adujust everything by the cable control or software wise. the game-sound is just ace.
in games like BF u hear everything even ppl coming from behind and the best is u "feel" every shot :wink: .
the earplugs are huge and flauschi and the mic is crookable. its just a little bit heavy

Lisbeth

Postby Lisbeth » Tue May 11, 2010 11:32 am

I use the creative Fatal1ty usb headset and they work perfectly for me.

Kanedax
Redneck Cowboy

Postby Kanedax » Wed May 12, 2010 2:41 am

If you can afford it the Razer Megalodon is out of control good. 7.1 surround sound, great driver (no issues) and it sounds phenomenal. When I bought it hack in September it was 140 usd it may be cheaper now.
All these bitches checkin out my britches....

Kanedax
Redneck Cowboy

Postby Kanedax » Wed May 12, 2010 2:46 am

Lisbeth wrote:I use the creative Fatal1ty usb headset and they work perfectly for me.

I would work perfectly for you too hot stuff. :wink:

BAM!!!
/drunk
All these bitches checkin out my britches....

Reaction
Sex Machine

Postby Reaction » Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 pm

I've gone for the Razer Carcharias. My Razer mouse has served me well so far, so hopefully their headsets are built as well as their mice.

Return to “Graphics/Tech Talk (public)”