new moniter

Post sigs/sig requests here. Any technical advice or help you need post here.
jaffo
Banned User

new moniter

Postby jaffo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:37 pm

i was bored so i decided to go shopping for a new moniter.

i have no idea what im doing and im pretty sure the one i have found that i think is ok is actually a TV

what do you guys think? is it any good or anyone have suggestions?

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computers/cat/Monitors

either the Samsung SM2023NW 20"TFT Monitor 1680x1050 1000:1 300cd/m2 5ms VGA Silver/Black 3 Years On-Site Warranty

or the

Samsung SM2033SW 20"TFT Monitor 1600x900 15000:1 300cd/m2 5ms DVI/VGA Wall Mountable Glossy Black 3 Years Warranty

Kanedax
Redneck Cowboy

Postby Kanedax » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:16 pm

This be my monitor!

All these bitches checkin out my britches....

Selendor
Pure Evil

Postby Selendor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Mine is this Iiyama 22" Model:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/133653

Bought it last year, scored highly in reviews as a gaming monitor, really nice experience with it so far.

I'd looked at Samsungs in the past but it gets very murky with them because they use different panels in the same models! I liked the fact that the Iiyama used the same Panel 100% of the time.

Situation might have changed now though, I would check out the Overclockers.co.uk forums for advice.

jaffo
Banned User

Postby jaffo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:34 pm

i just spoke to my IT guy at work and he paid over 500 quid for a monitor. he be a crazy fool.

a question though, if i get a new one, can i use that and my old one at the same time on one pc?

and if so, would this enable me to have one nc account logged on one screen and another account on antoher screen?

Lukus
Jake is my father.

Postby Lukus » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:30 am

What monitor do you currently have? You obviously don't want to downgrade. BUT if you have a 22/24" monitor already, and enough room, get 2 monitors.

I have 2 monitors, I used my friends yesterday and it felt so small, a second monitor is a god send.

Edit/ I'll check NC for you now, but you wont be able to have them both up at the same time. I noticed with my second monitor with 2 neocrons in windows mode, my second monitor had some FPS lag.

Ok, I have no idea how to make the second Neocron run on the second monitor. The only way to do it is to play in Windows mode and drag it across.

There are some parts of a second monitor which suck, but the Pros outweigh the Cons. Firstly, most games (luckily this does not include Neocron) when played in full screen still let you scroll across to the second monitor. So if you're playing an FPS and you're turning around a lot, you will quite often click the background on the second monitor. When this happens, the game minimizes.
'I cherish the memories of a question my nephew asked me the other day, he said 'Uncle, were you a hero in Neocron?' Uncle Luke said 'No, but I served in a clan of heroes' -Lukus

jaffo
Banned User

Postby jaffo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:30 am

lol.

my current moniter is a 19" i belive. it does the job but pretty old. me not knowing about anything wouldnt upgrade until i actually wanted one lol.

all i want to be able to do is have 2 nc accounts open (1 on each screen) so i can lvl my apu on one screen and have my ppu next to him on the other screen ppu'ing him without having to alt tab

i have noticed playing in windowed mode makes me crash allot or enter random syncs.

jaffo
Banned User

Postby jaffo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:06 am

ok i decided to go for this one:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/128036

not very well known make but some amazing reviews. I should get it tomorrow so will let you know how it is.

Flash
Pure Evil

Postby Flash » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:12 pm

if your Gaphix card has a HD inport I would get a Monitor thats HD cos it makes a fucking world of differance

I use a HP 32" and a HP w19 Hd dame are they shit hot

jaffo
Banned User

Postby jaffo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:29 pm

this is my graphics card

BFG 9800GT OC Edition 512MB Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card 4

Lukus
Jake is my father.

Postby Lukus » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:53 pm

You have to make sure your card can support a second monitor, not all of them do. Not sure how to check though, I just fiddled around with it.
'I cherish the memories of a question my nephew asked me the other day, he said 'Uncle, were you a hero in Neocron?' Uncle Luke said 'No, but I served in a clan of heroes' -Lukus

Flash
Pure Evil

Postby Flash » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:54 pm

your card will support duel monitors np..

Pluse as u can see its HD .. :P so when u get a HD monitor will have a HD cable ( normaly White )

Very easy to tell if your comp will support 2 monitors .. Will have 2 or more HD slots or normal slots on the card..

but yours will jaff had the same card myself ..

jaffo
Banned User

Postby jaffo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:43 am

sound

got my new monitor on Saturday and wow, its amazing. Having to ajust from working with a 19" square screen to a 22" rectangle one but still looks good. NC looks amazing lol and everything looks so bright!

just stole a vga - dvi convertor from work so can set up both monitors this evening.

w000p w000p.

dont know why i want two monitors but as i can i will.

ulx
Stand Behind Me!

Postby ulx » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 pm

jaffo wrote:dont know why i want two monitors but as i can i will.

Having 2 monitors makes it look like u have 2 pc's :lol: :roll: u want 2 pcs, thats why :wink:

I know what im talking about, i have 2 gaming compliant pcs nowadays and several more pcs for several purposes, 4 monitors r set up in my room, 3 at my workspace^^(1 monitor for each pc at my workspace, the 4th monitor is 2nd of my main computer to watch videos in bed). 2 pcs are my server/backup server (identical dual p3 machines) with remote access only at the time.
I could bore u even more and tell u how my networks (yes, several) are built up, but i guess thats only interesting to a small number of enthusiasts^^

greetz, ulx

edit: of course i also once had only 1 pc and monitor. Like when i was playing nc1^^

jaffo
Banned User

Postby jaffo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:40 pm

you wouldnt bore me with what your talking about i just would'nt have a clue what your talking about.

although, i also have a network lol. Ed's network! 1 pc and 1 laptop. w00p w00p i roxZorS

Return to “Graphics/Tech Talk (public)”