Where have our members moved to?

After Dark Public Information
Lukus
Jake is my father.

Where have our members moved to?

Postby Lukus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:52 pm

I've seen some old members recently in the new FLOWER SUPPLY clan (Tsunami), people like Sigg, Toast etc. Have any of you moved on from AD to get some action? Let me know where the majority of you are now for your Neocrack, I want to bust some heads with my Tank :)
'I cherish the memories of a question my nephew asked me the other day, he said 'Uncle, were you a hero in Neocron?' Uncle Luke said 'No, but I served in a clan of heroes' -Lukus

Lisbeth

Re: Where have our members moved to?

Postby Lisbeth » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Hey we are in hibernation... this is like the first post on the forums for like 4-5 days...

Dazz
Pure Evil

Postby Dazz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:25 am

I think only a few play frequently these days. I get on and level nibs and that's about it lately. I think the ones that left are in flower supply, or HATE, not real sure wiithout logging on and looking. ppl move just to get action, but I wonder, if they've all banded into another name, why not just stay in AD and fight? I tried the clan hoppin and didn't find it very fun. I dunno just me I guess but if there's only 5 active AD, why not fight the other 5 active ppl in the other clan with the AD tag? lol I'm tired, just my 2 cents. Not coming down on anyone that is lookin for action so plz don't misunderstand. :wink:
I'm a legend in my sparetime...

Garfield
Jake is my father.

Postby Garfield » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:56 am

coulda log on ts tbh. ppl playing BF alot and myself is addicted to earthrise atm

Gau
Site Hamster

Postby Gau » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 am

TBH my pc will only let me play LOTRO "that i play with the wife :D" and BC2 and NC
so i spend any free gaming time i have on BC2 :P

Lukus
Jake is my father.

Postby Lukus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:43 am

Garfield wrote:coulda log on ts tbh. ppl playing BF alot and myself is addicted to earthrise atm

I'm after my Neocrack, it's been a while since I had an OP fight. I play Vietnam a fair bit but from what I'm told only a few of you have it, and all play BC2 instead :(
'I cherish the memories of a question my nephew asked me the other day, he said 'Uncle, were you a hero in Neocron?' Uncle Luke said 'No, but I served in a clan of heroes' -Lukus

Lisbeth

Postby Lisbeth » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Well if anyone who was in AD or used to be in AD actually gave a shit... we would have an active clan... thats not the case. We have made it so easy to communicate in the clan, there is a Team speak, x-fire page, forums, and we can hang out in various games. And still we have a forum that is very inactive, we have a teamspeak that is rarely used, no one playing NC use it except Fatty, who plays ER now.

The only game we actively play as a clan right now is Battlefield bad company 2. We have had some great games lasting many hours, we have really worked as a team with 4-7 players online at the same time(both Americans and Europeans), yet some ppl playing Battlefield with the -AD- tag have no idea this is happening, or even that there is a AD TS. And many of us playing battlefield would happily play Nc if anyone suggested that, its alot easier to be afk on TS than being in nc waiting for something to happen, with the game client constantly crashing. If ppl made an effort, logging on to TS to see if there is anyone there who wants to play something, or just wait there until someone else logs on, we would have an active community.

Also can someone change the msg on the forum front page? It still mentions our Ventrilo, and is misleading.

Kanedax
Redneck Cowboy

Postby Kanedax » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:36 am

Lisbeth wrote:Well if anyone who was in AD or used to be in AD actually gave a shit... we would have an active clan... thats not the case. We have made it so easy to communicate in the clan, there is a Team speak, x-fire page, forums, and we can hang out in various games. And still we have a forum that is very inactive, we have a teamspeak that is rarely used, no one playing NC use it except Fatty, who plays ER now.

The only game we actively play as a clan right now is Battlefield bad company 2. We have had some great games lasting many hours, we have really worked as a team with 4-7 players online at the same time(both Americans and Europeans), yet some ppl playing Battlefield with the -AD- tag have no idea this is happening, or even that there is a AD TS. And many of us playing battlefield would happily play Nc if anyone suggested that, its alot easier to be afk on TS than being in nc waiting for something to happen, with the game client constantly crashing. If ppl made an effort, logging on to TS to see if there is anyone there who wants to play something, or just wait there until someone else logs on, we would have an active community.

Also can someone change the msg on the forum front page? It still mentions our Ventrilo, and is misleading.

Wouldn't say many of us don't care but where neocron is concerned (and yes I will beat this to death) at least my personal feelings about the game are that it frankly isn't worth the headache any more. I haven't had fun playing that game in a long time, every time I think I want to go back I get pissed off pretty much immediately by the haxx0rs.

It's reached Counter Strike status with me, nothing but a fond memory. Where ER is concerned, I like the idea and it looks pretty and the mechanics actually seem decent, if I can ever get it to run smoothly then I would seriously consider playing it. BC2 is difficult for me to play because of lag mostly.

I would love to see AD as the bustling dominating clan it was when I first joined as a starry eyed noob but until a game comes along that can grab the collective heart and mind of this clan and draw us in like moths to the proverbial flame it is unrealistic to expect anything but what is going on now and doubt me not, we will rise again.

I haven't left, haven't gone anywhere as a matter of fact. I'm on the forums daily and I'm still interested in being very much a part of this After Dark family.

HOORAH!
All these bitches checkin out my britches....

Gau
Site Hamster

Postby Gau » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:15 am

long live use trolls eh Kane

Lisbeth

Postby Lisbeth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Kanedax wrote:
Lisbeth wrote:Well if anyone who was in AD or used to be in AD actually gave a shit... we would have an active clan... thats not the case. We have made it so easy to communicate in the clan, there is a Team speak, x-fire page, forums, and we can hang out in various games. And still we have a forum that is very inactive, we have a teamspeak that is rarely used, no one playing NC use it except Fatty, who plays ER now.

Wouldn't say many of us don't care but where neocron is concerned (and yes I will beat this to death) at least my personal feelings about the game are that it frankly isn't worth the headache any more. I haven't had fun playing that game in a long time, every time I think I want to go back I get pissed off pretty much immediately by the haxx0rs.

It's reached Counter Strike status with me, nothing but a fond memory. Where ER is concerned, I like the idea and it looks pretty and the mechanics actually seem decent, if I can ever get it to run smoothly then I would seriously consider playing it. BC2 is difficult for me to play because of lag mostly.

I would love to see AD as the bustling dominating clan it was when I first joined as a starry eyed noob but until a game comes along that can grab the collective heart and mind of this clan and draw us in like moths to the proverbial flame it is unrealistic to expect anything but what is going on now and doubt me not, we will rise again.

I haven't left, haven't gone anywhere as a matter of fact. I'm on the forums daily and I'm still interested in being very much a part of this After Dark family.

HOORAH!

But AD isnt about Neocron anymore, I mean the ppl who actually play nc arent involved in AD at all, most of them are involved in different clans. So if this clan is all about Neocron, we can just pronounce AD dead and move on to other clans. This clan cant survive if the only activity consists of some forum posts every other week or so. And I dont see why we should have a rule about using teamspeak(or some other voicechat) when a majority isnt interested in using it. Right now I would describe AD as a battlefield Clan that play some other games.

Lukus
Jake is my father.

Postby Lukus » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:42 pm

This is no longer a clan, AD symbolises a group of friends. But, this group of friends seems to spend most of the time arguing over trivial matters, so I don't think we're even that, are we? I'm down for playing BC2 or Vietnam for a bit of fun, but I don't really care if we enter competitions or form up with other clans to get a match. If any of you want to play WoW with me and my friends, or you fancy doing some NC PvP then give me a shout on Xfire 'thetrekkster'

I've been in this 'clan' for just over 2 years, which puts me just behind Garf and Kane, so I'll come along to some BC2 games every now and then but I ain't going to bother wasting my time filling in spots for an official BC2 match if I'm just going to get spoken to like a fucking child by people who haven't been here as long and just use our forum to complain.

Lisbeth

Postby Lisbeth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Lukus wrote:This is no longer a clan, AD symbolises a group of friends. But, this group of friends seems to spend most of the time arguing over trivial matters, so I don't think we're even that, are we? I'm down for playing BC2 or Vietnam for a bit of fun, but I don't really care if we enter competitions or form up with other clans to get a match. If any of you want to play WoW with me and my friends, or you fancy doing some NC PvP then give me a shout on Xfire 'thetrekkster'

I've been in this 'clan' for just over 2 years, which puts me just behind Garf and Kane, so I'll come along to some BC2 games every now and then but I ain't going to bother wasting my time filling in spots for an official BC2 match if I'm just going to get spoken to like a fucking child by people who haven't been here as long and just use our forum to complain.

Okay first off, Im sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to upset you at all.

I think the only way we can keep this clan alive, (but Im beginning to doubt there is anyone who wants to) is to try and compromise and cooperate with each other. The only game right now that is keeping AD alive is Battlefield, and if ppl arent really interested in playing battlefield as a group I just don't get why they are even wearing the clantag to begin with. We have tried to get the cooperation and to try and play battlefield as a group but it have had very mixed results. We need more active ppl willing to cooperate, for this clan to survive, and that what's make the cloud-9 cooperation great. What is also great is that Hogg and his brother Illmatic have tried to recruit ppl to join AD, it wasn't so appreciated on some servers, but I think we could probably get more members, but that requires that there is someone here to greet them.

Garfield
Jake is my father.

Postby Garfield » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 pm

havent moved nor quit either, AD is where my gamer heart is. ive tried to establish AD in every game i played but i fail in recruitment...
DOH everyone can do that. u playing another game? why not try to establish AD there?weve got no leader anymore since jake is missing.

ER would be a place for us iam sure but not yet as it is too buged and mby allready a dead game.
prolly BP, when it goes retail, will be a game for us aswell.
BF is great but i cant play it longer then 1-2hrs a day. it just get boring after a while.

i miss the gang and liz youre right but so is Luke and Kane.
hell if AD`s MIA player, wich iam sure still playing the one or other game, would at least care/read/post/whatever on this board or hang out on TS. then the AD flag would have an strong hill to plug it in....

Lisbeth

Postby Lisbeth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Garfield wrote:havent moved nor quit either, AD is where my gamer heart is. ive tried to establish AD in every game i played but i fail in recruitment...
DOH everyone can do that. u playing another game? why not try to establish AD there?weve got no leader anymore since jake is missing.

ER would be a place for us iam sure but not yet as it is too buged and mby allready a dead game.
prolly BP, when it goes retail, will be a game for us aswell.
BF is great but i cant play it longer then 1-2hrs a day. it just get boring after a while.

i miss the gang and liz youre right but so is Luke and Kane.
hell if AD`s MIA player, wich iam sure still playing the one or other game, would at least care/read/post/whatever on this board or hang out on TS. then the AD flag would have an strong hill to plug it in....

Well fatty I can still hang out with you and my Irl-friends on ts, we have a great time. We had some great games last week with almost 2 full squads we steamrolled the other team and bio managed to do an epic 32 killstreak. Hogg and Ill (hogs bro) tried to recruit some members last time we played, but we got told off, as we were playing on some other clans server. But if we start recruiting, I suggest that we get a better battlefield section on the forums, as its still just a part of a sub-forum. Or that we move our section to a seperate forum for those that are interested in playing battlefield as a clan.

I think we should try and start up a clan in bp when its released, but just as with ER, I wonder how many will actually play.

Kanedax
Redneck Cowboy

Postby Kanedax » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Lisbeth wrote:Okay first off, Im sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to upset you at all.

I think the only way we can keep this clan alive, (but Im beginning to doubt there is anyone who wants to) is to try and compromise and cooperate with each other. The only game right now that is keeping AD alive is Battlefield, and if ppl arent really interested in playing battlefield as a group I just don't get why they are even wearing the clantag to begin with. We have tried to get the cooperation and to try and play battlefield as a group but it have had very mixed results. We need more active ppl willing to cooperate, for this clan to survive, and that what's make the cloud-9 cooperation great. What is also great is that Hogg and his brother Illmatic have tried to recruit ppl to join AD, it wasn't so appreciated on some servers, but I think we could probably get more members, but that requires that there is someone here to greet them.

A. You say you don't want to offend then question the commitment of our members, I haven't put the amount of time I have into this to have my commitment questioned by you or anyone. If I didn't care I wouldn't be here, I'm not the nostalgic type. Now that that's out of the way.....

B. Like I've said, I'm on these forums every day and I don't do jack shit after work other than fuck around online and play WoW occasionally so if you need someone to greet newcomers I can do that but these are the things that need to be communicated.

C. Battlefield isn't keeping AD alive any more than Neocron is. When I joined AD it was during a lull in membership, it came back. Right now we are facing a different sort of battle, one of leadership, namely the fact that we have none since Jake disappeared. However, the point I'm trying to make here is that regardless of what anyone thinks, as long as there are still AD members talking to each other and gaming with each other AD is still alive. Anyone who tries to present anything different is clearly not grasping the situation correctly.

So settle down, play your games and if you want to leave or you're 'fed up' with the collective attitude of the clan then you're welcome to leave any time you'd like.

Kanedax

Lisbeth

Postby Lisbeth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Kanedax wrote:
Lisbeth wrote:Okay first off, Im sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to upset you at all.

A. You say you don't want to offend then question the commitment of our members, I haven't put the amount of time I have into this to have my commitment questioned by you or anyone. If I didn't care I wouldn't be here, I'm not the nostalgic type. Now that that's out of the way.....

B. Like I've said, I'm on these forums every day and I don't do jack shit after work other than fuck around online and play WoW occasionally so if you need someone to greet newcomers I can do that but these are the things that need to be communicated.

C. Battlefield isn't keeping AD alive any more than Neocron is. When I joined AD it was during a lull in membership, it came back. Right now we are facing a different sort of battle, one of leadership, namely the fact that we have none since Jake disappeared. However, the point I'm trying to make here is that regardless of what anyone thinks, as long as there are still AD members talking to each other and gaming with each other AD is still alive. Anyone who tries to present anything different is clearly not grasping the situation correctly.

So settle down, play your games and if you want to leave or you're 'fed up' with the collective attitude of the clan then you're welcome to leave any time you'd like.

Kanedax

A. That comment was directed to Luke. Im sorry if you feel like Im questioning someone's (and definatley not you personally) commitment it wasn't what I intended. But the facts are that we had a long list of ppl who wanted to participate in the dark-cloud cooperation, who wanted to play as a group in Battlefield, and some haven't even bothered to read the battlefield section on the forums let alone registered at the cloud 9 forums. Im wearing my -AD- clantag beacause Im a proud member of AD and I want to play with ppl as a clan, together as a clan, with ppl who want to play with me and the others as a group. And we are a group that wants to achieve that, not that its very obvious from looking at the forums. And if ppl want to play alone its fine too, but we are a group within AD that wants to play together as a clan in battlefield, and maybe do some clan vs clan or a tournament just to see how well we can play together.

B. Tbh im not sure the forum is needed to organize a battlefield clan, most of us right now meet up on our teamspeak or just contact each other by phone, or msn/steam/x-fire.

C. Why wouldn't battlefield keep AD alive? This and last week I've played battlefield with, Gau, Hitomusi, Illmatic, FurbyFubar, Hogg, Bio2tech, Luke, and Sultan. That all wear the AD-tag(except Sultan) and from the darkcloud -cooperation Newborn, Firmar and Pause(they have some other ppl who also play with us on occasion). Thats 11 ppl in the last 2 weeks, ive also played a bit with your mate Chosen one aswell(together with one other AD member). When was the last time we did anything together in NC within the clan? Isnt it great that we finally do something together?

Kanedax
Redneck Cowboy

Postby Kanedax » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:37 pm

All I said about battlefield is that I can't play it. Obviously though it hasn't had a draw on the clan as a whole though. You said it yourself, even the people interested haven't bothered. I think that fairly well indicates why battlefield isn't a viable solution for this clan as a whole.

Gau
Site Hamster

Postby Gau » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:24 pm

hey guys

we need to calm this down a notch i dont post or play loads no more due to tryin to find a job now
so me an the wife can get an appartment but i still consider this my home and catchin up on the
last 2 pages makes the clan seem like a nursery honestly if this was any forum i had managed in the
past i woulda jus locked the thred an ended it.....

were all friends here why it this devolving into such a slaggin mach......

Bottem line as i see it now.....

Were all AD we all love our AD tag, some play togethers others dont we all visit the forums some
others not at all. life is what you make it good friends will be with you a life time should you
treat them well and they will do the same for you.

isnt that what AD is i mean when i joind that is how it felt to me...................

well that is what i wanted to say totaly errelovent to this post but hey :) @onion35@

Kanedax
Redneck Cowboy

Postby Kanedax » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:10 am

I've merely stated facts.

Lisbeth

Postby Lisbeth » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:34 am

Kanedax wrote:All I said about battlefield is that I can't play it. Obviously though it hasn't had a draw on the clan as a whole though. You said it yourself, even the people interested haven't bothered. I think that fairly well indicates why battlefield isn't a viable solution for this clan as a whole.

So what do you suggest then, what should we do to keep this clan alive? Do you think we should find a game that every single person left want to commit to? That time has passed, when most ppl gave up on NC. Don't take me wrong here Kane, but how can you pass judgement on something you aren't actively involved with at all?

So we have a bunch of ppl playing battlefield actively as a clan(many of them aren't active on the forum for various reasons), that is actually bigger than the number of active forum members on this forum, but that is not viable? So what should we do? I want some constructive criticism. Why does it feel like its a bad thing that we finally have some activity within the clan after several months, and ppl rather fight over it than actually commit to making this clan come alive. So if playing battlefield in a group isnt beneficial for the clan as a whole, should we leave or what are you insinuating?

No one is trying to force anyone to play battlefield if they don't want to, no one is required to log on at any specific time, nothing. If ppl dont want to interact with other ppl in the clan, they don't have to, if individuals who play battlefield with the AD clantag wants to be left alone, its fine. But now Im just stating there is a active group within the clan who actually wants to play in a large group together and we are gonna actively try and recruit more ppl who feels the same, and Im sure it will benefit the clan.

I know I might sound harsh but Im really happy that we have ppl within the clan that are interested in playing as a group, isnt that what a clan is for? We are gonna kick some serious ass!

Kanedax
Redneck Cowboy

Postby Kanedax » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Lisbeth wrote:
Kanedax wrote:All I said about battlefield is that I can't play it. Obviously though it hasn't had a draw on the clan as a whole though. You said it yourself, even the people interested haven't bothered. I think that fairly well indicates why battlefield isn't a viable solution for this clan as a whole.

So what do you suggest then, what should we do to keep this clan alive? Do you think we should find a game that every single person left want to commit to? That time has passed, when most ppl gave up on NC. Don't take me wrong here Kane, but how can you pass judgement on something you aren't actively involved with at all?

So we have a bunch of ppl playing battlefield actively as a clan(many of them aren't active on the forum for various reasons), that is actually bigger than the number of active forum members on this forum, but that is not viable? So what should we do? I want some constructive criticism. Why does it feel like its a bad thing that we finally have some activity within the clan after several months, and ppl rather fight over it than actually commit to making this clan come alive. So if playing battlefield in a group isnt beneficial for the clan as a whole, should we leave or what are you insinuating?

No one is trying to force anyone to play battlefield if they don't want to, no one is required to log on at any specific time, nothing. If ppl dont want to interact with other ppl in the clan, they don't have to, if individuals who play battlefield with the AD clantag wants to be left alone, its fine. But now Im just stating there is a active group within the clan who actually wants to play in a large group together and we are gonna actively try and recruit more ppl who feels the same, and Im sure it will benefit the clan.

I know I might sound harsh but Im really happy that we have ppl within the clan that are interested in playing as a group, isnt that what a clan is for? We are gonna kick some serious ass!

I think you're seriously misunderstanding my point. I'm not passing judgment on anyone or anything. I simply presented an analysis of the current situation from my point of view, if you don't agree, that's fine. I'm not insinuating anyone should leave as I have no issue with anyone currently involved with AD, feel free to read into this whatever you want, I'll post no more on this topic.

Return to “After Dark (public)”